Tuesday 29 October 2013

A solution to a busy life – Balance and Consistency!

This short plan is ideal for someone who is living a busy schedule like a 9-6 job or a busy timetable. 

Training:-
I am training 5 days a week. I often move these days due to travelling on weekends however I make the effort to hit all the sessions almost every week without fail.
MondayRest (not a Monday person)
TuesdayBack, Shoulders and Biceps
WednesdayLegs
ThursdayChest, Triceps and abs
FridayRest
SaturdayBack, Shoulders and Biceps
SundayChest, Triceps and abs

Back, Shoulder and BicepsWide Grip Chin ups – 4×12 or till failureBB row/Cable row – 4×10/12T-bar row/BOOAR – 4×10/12
Military Press – 4×10
DB Press – 4×12
Lat raises SS with Rear Delt fly – 4×12
Biceps – 4×12
LegsSquat – 4x10Front squat – 4x10Stiff leg deadlift – 4×10
Goodmornings/hyper extension – 4×10/12
Chest, Triceps and absFlat/Incline BB bench press 4x12Flat/Incline DB Press 4x12Some form of fly/pullovers 4×12
Weighted dips/overhead ext 4×10/12
Tricep pushdown/single arm cable extension 4×12
Hanging leg raise 4×12
Cable crunch 4×12
This is something a little different than I was used to – training 2 body parts a week with a higher rep range and for the first couple of weeks I was sore as hell, but my body adapted and OH THE GAINZ!!! I like to do rotator cuff work and stretch considerably after I work out which I advise to everyone with or without an old injury like mine. As you can see I have put on a lot of mass and maintained a semi-lean physique.  (Apologies for the bedroom selfie).
 
Nutrition:-
From counting all my macros day in day out when competing I knew how stressful this was, so I am not doing this at all anymore. Although I do weigh my food to monitor how much I add or take away according to my weight gains aiming for 1 pound per week. I could not tell you the macros but I know roundabouts where it is from experience. I’m eating moderate/high protein, high carbs and low/moderate fats. I do not eat boring food either! All my meals are tasty using condiments and herbs and spices this does not mean ketchup and mayo. Examples are soy sauce, rice wine, pepper, mixed herbs, Chinese 5 spice, cumin, turmeric, garam massala to name just a few!; I enjoy all my meals and most of these condiments are 0 calories so I’m free to play and add as much as I wish without worrying; these spices often have a positive effect on your metabolism as a bonus! I have had a weight gain of 6-7 pounds of fairly lean mass over the past 3 months with the goal of 190lb by the end of November. I eat “clean”: -
Protein: – whole eggs, cottage cheese, chicken breast, pork loin/shoulder, steak, minced beef, salmon, whey protein, casein protein powder and the odd bit of lamb.
Carbohydrate: – Oats, Sweet potato, Brown rice, rice cakes, fruit and berries and a small amount of rye bread.
Fats: – almonds, walnuts, omega 3 oils, associated meat/egg fats, 100% peanut butter and coconut oil.
Supplements: – whey protein, multi vitamins, vitamin D3, Omega 3 oil, Creatine monohydrate, vitamin c and casein protein.
Normal day for me although this will vary slightly:-
 
Meal 1100g oatsTbls flaxseed powderTsp cinnamon
3 whole eggs
Mixed berries
2 Tbls Greek yoghurt
Multi vit
Vit D3
1 tsp omega 3 oil
Meal 2100g oatsTbls flaxseed powderTsp cinnamon
2 whole eggs
Mixed Berries or vegis
Meal 3300g sweet potato/100g brown rice300g chicken breastMixed veg
Meal 4300g sweet potato/100g brown rice300g chicken breastMixed veg
post-workout25g whey10g creatine1mg vit c
1 banana
1 apple/orange
Meal 5300g pork shoulder/loin/steak/beef mince/salmon etc.Mixed veg
Meal 61 bow of rice, chicken meat,  ½ Tbls peanut butter200g cottage cheese
 
On rest days I substitute whey with casein and have it before bed and won’t eat the fruit.
As I am working 9am-7pm Monday to Friday I am up at 7:15 every morning and going to bed at 11pm, my meals are spaced out every 2.5 to 3 hours. I go straight to the gym from work to train, fortunately I only have a half hour commute, after the gym I will head home to cook my evening meal and all my meals including breakfast for the next day. I get up early on weekends normally 7am to eat and train I feel it’s best to be consistent throughout the week, weekend or not.
The message is if you are willing to put in the time and be organized and efficient it is achievable. I am now fully into my routine and I can confidently say I don’t find it hard anymore! I’ll be using this program until now where ill reassess my physique and either start a slow cut or continue bulking, looking forward to seeing where I’m at!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment